Butternut pumpkin soup
fruit fads granola recipe health skewers vegetable myths start low fat tips fat smoothie superfoods success weight drink chart pumpkin eggs fact exercise pork shake exposed fish soup hype failure frittata examples resource weight loss food chicken pancakes stir fry truth diet groups vegetarian fad downside facts calorie coriander
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small butternut pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2 cm cubes (about 4 cups)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tsp minced fresh sage (or ½ tsp dried sage)
- ½ tsp minced fresh rosemary (or ¼ tsp dried)
- Spray a large saucepan with non-stick spray.
- Add onion, butternut pumpkin and salt.
- Cook until onion is golden and squash is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, scraping the bottom of the pan to pick up the flavour on the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer soup for 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture and place in blender, blending until purée (remember to remove top stop out of blender to let steam escape).
- Add squash purée back into the pan.
- Stir in sage, rosemary, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.