If you like crispy granola, bake for longer, or for chewy granola, bake for a shorter time.
fad skewers calorie vegetarian chicken diet drink eggs resource vegetable weight chart low fat coriander exercise pork smoothie groups fish pancakes fruit recipe superfoods success fat fact tips downside examples pumpkin fads soup hype exposed myths frittata food facts start health truth stir fry weight loss failure granola shake
- 2 cups whole rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- ½ cup toasted wheat germ
- ½ cup skim milk powder
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ½ cup no calorie sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 3 tbsp skim milk
- Heat oven to 135°C.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine dry ingredients and toss together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture over oat mixture, stirring well to coat granola evenly.
- Spread granola evenly onto a large baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container.