Note: For a seared tofu, add tofu after garlic and sauté before adding vegetables.
Vegetarian stir fry
exercise chart pumpkin fads examples pancakes soup health groups diet fruit chicken facts failure exposed tips recipe superfoods food stir fry eggs fat drink smoothie vegetable vegetarian skewers success weight loss truth fact low fat myths resource calorie fad coriander pork granola weight downside frittata shake start hype fish
- 1 bag (450 g) frozen vegetables of your choice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 stock cube (beef or chicken flavoured), crushed
- 100 g (about 1/5 of a block) extra firm tofu, cut into 5 cm x 1 cm slices
- 2 tbsp Asian stir-fry sauce of your choice
- Non-stick cooking spray or 2 tbsp oil
- Coat a medium-sized skillet or wok with cooking spray and heat on high.
- Add minced garlic, cooking just until garlic becomes light brown.
- Add vegetables, continuously stirring.
- After about five minutes, add tofu and crushed stock cube. Stir gently.
- Finish cooking until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, add sauce and stir well.